The name of the Association is Old Boys’ Association of St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School [informally referred to as ‘the OBA’].
The OBA is a part of St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School, an institution now administered by the Bangalore Jesuit Educational Society, Bangalore.
The OBA has been formed to bring into closer union and friendship, all former pupils of St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School and to perpetuate their interest and connection with their alma mater.
The office of the OBA shall be situated in the premises of St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School, Bangalore.
The Old Boys’ Association of St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School, though formed on 25th August 1912 during the time the school was run by the French Foreign Mission Fathers, did not meet again till 7th September 1919, and thereafter has been active to date. Since 1937, the school has been under the management of the Society of Jesus.
Its vision statement, Bonded in Love and Fellowship, we affirm we shall ever endeavour to be men and women for others and that we shall be Partners in the Jesuit effort of forming human beings grown to their full potential, freed from all bondage, who will give themselves to the service of others”, and its motto, “To give and not to count the cost”, is incorporated to form part of this Preamble.